(1) creative craft (2) critical analysis.
- The extinction/manipulation of vision
- Beyond visualization?
- Description before the era of photography and film
- The role of conventions and traditions
- How writers deploy ambiguity and contradiction for effect
- Making lists: enumeration
- The romantic description
- The aesthetics of the sublime
- The aesthetics of the beautiful
- Creating a sense of disgust
- Creating a sense of horror
- Description of character
- Employing multiple sensations
- Communicating mood and tone
- The Point of View
- Tilting and Panning
- The Panorama
- The Frame
- The use of zoom control
- The Guided Tour
- Towards Abstraction: generality and description
- Legality: the witness statement
- Scientific observation
Dr Ian McCormick is the author of The Art of Connection: the Social Life of Sentences
(2013) Also available on Kindle, or to download.
Also worth a look: The PhD Roadmap: A Guide to Successful Submission of your Dissertation / Thesis.