Use the words in bold to fill in the gaps:
1. They were _________ delighted with the concert; at the end of the evening they applauded___________.
2. Sinners do not listen to the ___________ of preachers.
3. I am not _________ to drinking brandy in _________weather conditions.
4. Tourists are not __________ to walk on the lawn in the quadrangle.
5. I _________ you to refrain from ringing the alarm bell.
6. How will you _______ a change in his behaviour?
7. I am pleased to _________ your confessions, _________ the one concerning murder.
Accept Advice Allowed Advise All together
Averse Altogether Effect Adverse Except
8. The chairman_________ the rowdy members of the committee.
9. I would like to___________ your opinion on the nomination of a new president. Have you had time to __________the quality of the applications submitted?
10. The painter splashed pant on the_________.
11. The state prosecutor _________several words that were deemed blasphemous.
12. The _______of the mountain was rather arduous.
13. The _______examination involved making a speech.
14. The teachers____________ the headteacher of the details of the theft.
canvass censured canvas appraise
censored ascent oral apprised